One of the most serious problems facing Christians today is confusion about boundaries. Many sincere, dedicated believers struggle with tremendous confusion about when it is biblically appropriate to set limits.
One of the most serious problems facing Christians today is confusion about boundaries. Many sincere, dedicated believers struggle with tremendous confusion about when it is biblically appropriate to set limits. When confronted with their lack of boundaries, they raise good questions:
- Can I set limits and still be a loving person?
- What are legitimate boundaries?
- What if someone is upset or hurt by my boundaries?
- How do I answer someone who wants my time, love, energy or money?
- Why do I feel guilty or afraid when I consider setting boundaries?
- How do boundaries relate to submission?
- Aren’t boundaries selfish?
- Why is it difficult for me to hear no from other people?
- Why do I tend to want to control other people when I don’t get what I want?
Just as homeowners set physical property lines around their land, we need to set mental, physical, emotional and spiritual boundaries for our lives to help us distinguish what is our responsibility and what is not. The inability to set appropriate boundaries at the appropriate times with the appropriate people can be very destructive.
Misinformation about what the Bible says about boundaries can also be destructive. To counter such wrong thinking, this Renewal Group and the accompanying text, present a biblical view of boundaries. Our goal is to help you use biblical boundaries appropriately to achieve the relationships and purposes that God intends for you as you grow in him.
(Thursday) 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Fishkill Baptist Church
107 Route 82, Fishkill, NY 12524