It all started in the early 1980’s when a dedicated group of people had a vision for a listener supported Christian radio station in the Hudson Valley. The radio station’s mission was to support and encourage people to know God, and to reach out to those who wanted to know him. Now as we near three decades later, The Sound of Life Radio Network has grown to covering much of eastern New York and parts of five other states, as well as our internet and digital media presence. God allows us to be a voice of encouragement and hope for REAL LIFE & REAL CHANGE thanks to dedication of that original group of people and all those who have contributed over the years and continue to.
Our Vision: Real Life-Real Change
To connect people with the positive message of Jesus Christ.
➢ “I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” (John 10:10b NKJV)
If you don’t know Jesus as your Savior, here’s a video that we hope will help you understand how to do that! CLICK HERE
Our Core Values:
Our Lead Value – Sound of Life, Inc. belongs to God.
➢ “The earth is the Lord’s and everything in it” Psalm 24:1 (NIV)
• Encourage biblical living – The Bible is the source for truth and life. We are called to not only believe the Bible but to live it out in our daily lives and encourage others to do the same.
► “Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.” (Romans 12:1-2)
• Build healthy relationships – What we do flows out of who we are. We pursue healthy relationships and address unhealthy relational patterns.
► “Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.” (3 John 1:2 NIV)
• Passionately pursue prayer – We believe that prayer is the way to connect with God and to learn His desires for us. Nothing of eternal worth is accomplished without prayer.
► “… pray continually,…” (1 Thessalonians 5:17 NIV)
• Celebrate generosity – We celebrate the life Father God has given us through faithful stewardship of our time, talents and financial resources.
► “They will celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness.” (Psalm 145:7 NIV)
• Risk creative and bold forward thinking – We seek creative ways to courageously move forward with God’s plans for the Sound of Life.
► “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9 NIV)
• Model servant leadership – We are all called to the Jesus model of leadership for the purpose of serving others.
► “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’” (Matthew 25:45 NIV)